if i hit anything with the chainsaw, my character just disappears alltogether and the game stops working. I managed to get two fairies by just dodging enemies, but it turns out that smashing the blue blocks also triggers the bug :(
Bob's Magical Chainsaw: A Lumberjack’s Tale
How to Play:
Move: Direction keys (← → ↑ ↓)
Open Doors: Spacebar
Double-jump: ↑ ↑
Bob is a simple lumberjack who wants one thing: to chop down as many trees as possible! When his old rusty axe no longer cuts it, he places an online order for the ultimate chainsaw: CHX-2000! Unbeknownst him, a mysterious hacker tampers with Bob's order, leaving him with only a partially-complete tree slayer. And so, must journey across land and sea to find the missing components for his weapon!
Bob's Magical Chainsaw is a simple, 2D side-scroller with light Metroidvania mechanics.
- A 2D world that becomes incrementally available for exploration: traverse high mountain tops, deep oceans, and firey lava-filled caves!
- Simple combat and health system: take down pesky enemies with Bob's trusty chainsaw, which becomes more powerful as he continues his journey.
- A Humorous and engaging story: quirky fairies and forest-dwelling creatures bring the world of Bob and his chainsaw to life!
Bob's Magical Chainsaw was made for #LOWREZJAM 2016 by...
- Cedric Stoquer (@c_stoquer): Main Programmer, Art
- Roy Blakely (@kotowari): Story
- Sarah O'Donnell (@everydayfoxlife): Scenario Programmer
Game created with Pixelbox